Finding a Good Information Technology or Computer Science School
While most students are still attending conventional college classrooms, other students are enrolling in some good computer science degree programs available through online classes.
Being able to take classes online versus attending a traditional campus school offers a student many benefits. Not only are online schools less expensive than traditional colleges, but they are so much more convenient to attend. Many prospective students don’t have the option of attending daytime classes due to their work or family schedule. And students who don’t live near a university or college especially like the convenience of online distance learning.
The IT field is well-suited for online learning. Plus there are several good schools that offer individual classes as well as complete bachelor degree and associate degree programs.
Computer science is a competitive field. The competition at good schools in the computer science and IT degree fields can be pretty tough. You will need to work hard and not be afraid of math. But if you can get accepted, comprehend the concepts, and finish your degree — your career potential is wide open.
This site will showcase some of the best information technology and computer science degrees and educational opportunities on the Web.
Check out today’s schools:
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Computer and Network Support Technician
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate
- Network Security - Associate
- Cyber and Network Security - Bachelor's
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Computer Science - Enterprise Information Systems (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management Technology Management (Executive Format)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Systems Engineering
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems / Computer Networking
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Information Technology (BS) (Online)
- Associate of Applied Science - Information Technology: IT Support Specialist
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Systems - Information Systems
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Software Analysis and Development
- BS - Information Systems Security
- AS - Software Development
- BS - Software Development
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology - General
- And more...
- Information Technology